Many of my beginner students would prefer just to play pop music.
And the problem with that is:
- The songs they choose to play are too difficult for their level.
- The version sounds easy, but it doesn’t sound very good.
- First they should learn the basics - Scales, Chords, Chord progressions, theory, Rhythm, reading music - otherwise they will not understand what they are doing
But I understand them. When they get an etude that sounds like something that they know from the TV or Radio, practicing becomes effortless.
So I decided to write this book. My plan was:
- Every etude should sound like pop music.
- 12 etudes in all major keys
- 12 etudes in all minor keys
- I will connect these etudes with a bunch of exercises that will make my students understand to logic behind these etudes.
This book should prepare them to:
- create they own pop songs
- play along with their favorite songs
- play duets with friends
- start to play more advanced pop songs.
Please, listen to Ab major Etude (Tina's True Dreams).
Tina Bertz, my 11 years old student helped me to finish this etude.
Her composition starts from 1:10. Beautiful, right?
I hope this book will be more then just a song book for you too.
Please let me know your story,
let me know if I could help you more.
If you feel that these etudes might be difficult for you, please, start your piano journey here: